Tuesday, February 4, 2014

11

Today, as I was preparing my phone to give to my supervisor next week, I stumbled across a little blurb that I was inspired to write as was on the bus from Mossel Bay to Cape Town at the end of December.  It's still a pretty accurate description of how I'm feeling these days, so I thought I'd share it to mark 11 days until departure:

"I'm riding a bus now across Western Cape from Mossel Bay to Cape Town. This truly is a beautiful country. Maybe I'm feeling sentimental as I listen to my iPod and look out the window at towering, ancient mountains and the rolling hills that surround them. Maybe the light is too perfect on this blue sky day. Maybe I'm beginning to realize that my time here is coming to an end. But I think that for all it's troubles, South Africa may be the most beautiful country I've ever seen.  I think I may, in fact, love it here, and I know that this 'goodbye for now' will be heart wrenching."


No comments:

Post a Comment