Thursday, October 10, 2013

Goie More from Graskop!

Good Morning from Graskop, Mpumalanga everyone!

Just dropping in briefly to say a hearty hello! I'm here at Valley View Backpackers in the beautiful town of Graskop, which is right nearby Kruger National Park.  Yesterday, I was delighted to meet up with John and Patty Mills in my secondary shopping town, Groblersdal, and after lunch at Nando's we piled into their trusty vehicle and set out to brave a thunderstorm and conquer Longtom Pass before finally arriving at our final destination.  Must check car roof today for hail dents!

Today after breakfast (and hopefully some pancakes!) we will drive up to God's Window, and the Potholes that are relatively popular in the tourist sphere, maybe see a waterfall or two along the way, picnic lunch, and then head up to Tzaneen where I will be dropped off to join my fellow Limpopo PCVs for a provincial conference, and J&P will continue on with their wild African adventures!

Life at site has been going along smoothly: I'm working towards the completion of my first World Map Project at the primary school, and am looking forward to next Thursday when I will meet with selected faculty to implement the Mmeshi Primary Peer Mentorship Program, which will utilize all of the wonderful donations of English children's books that I have received from Grandma at La Posada, and from Lisa Ellenberg at the Catlin Gabel Lower School Library.  More info to come!

Until next time,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment