Friday, March 15, 2013

Pesach!


While we were all together in Pretoria for Mid-Service Training (Wow!!!) Lilly and Niki coordinated an AMAZING Passover Seder dinner that we all contributed to by each preparing a dish.  We were even lucky enough to have our Country Director attend the celebration, bringing along with him delicious little date, sesame, cumin, cayenne, and honey (I think) balls that simply blew me away.

Additionally, the feast included baked/mashed/cheesy potatoes, potato salad, butternut-squash-parmesan, salad, chicken, brisket, hummus, and more matzo and wine than anyone knew what to do with! I used this chance to experiment with flourless-chocolate cake that I then cut into bite-sized pieces and dusted with powdered sugar. Yumm!





 MST came and went with lightning speed. I can't believe we have only 9 months left until we meet up one last time as a group for our Close-of Service (COS) conference!  For MST we were divided into two groups who took turns meeting for sessions and getting poked, prodded, and drilled upon by the dentist and medical personnel to make sure that none of us are falling apart too severely. Speaking for myself at least, I can say so far, so good on the health front!

Heading back to site this weekend after a brief farewell to some of our beloved SA 23s, then I'll be taxiing back down to Gauteng to meet up with the Madre and Gilroy when they land in Johannesburg on the 27th! I can't believe how quickly time has gone by!











All my love,
Alyssa

P.S. I have not forgotten that I am miserably behind on blog postings, but never fear. They are coming!








No comments:

Post a Comment